FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does Chimpando work?
The old way to book flights is to search on rigged search websites (they don't show you the best flights, but the flights where THEY earn the highest commission) or to go to your local travel agent and pay a high(er) price for your flights.
Chimpando changes the way of booking a flight for customers. Well-trained experts are guaranteed to find you the cheapest flights possible. You will be amazed at how much money you can save. Chimpando works in a very simple way:
- You provide your flight details
- You pay a small fee and our experts find the best flight for you
- You book your flight either by yourself, or you hire an expert book it for you
In the following each step will be explained in detail:
- First you specify your request. You insert the destination(s), cabin class and the dates, you want to travel on. You also can provide further information and restrictions about your trip, like fixed appointments or special luggage. Finally you pay the fee and your request goes live. Now an agent will be assigned to you. He is your contact person for any question and requests regarding your request.
- In the background your request is visible to all our experts, who will search for great deals and post them as options in order to 'win' the competition and receive a part of the fee. You can see all the details of these options and your personal agent will be happy to answer all your questions about them, as he is in steady contact with the experts. This way you don't have to answer the same questions twice and still profit from the concept of Crowdsourcing . Your request runs for 24 hours . if you like an option, you can select it anytime and move on to step 3. if the 24 hours pass and you're not satisfied with the options, you can either prolong the request for another 24 hours or request a refund
- Once you selected an option, you can chose how you want to book the flight. You can either book it yourself following the expert's instructions and with the help of your agent. In this case you have to place the reservation yourself and pay for your flight on a third website and maybe in another language and currency (e.g. Expedia.fr). Or you can have Chimpando book your flight for a small booking fee. In that case you enter your details and pay for it comfortably at Chimpando. This will save you a lot of time and hassle. You will receive the booking confirmation within 72 hours if the flight could successfully booked for the stated price.
Who are the Chimpando experts?
There are different types of experts in order to cater for all your travel needs. Some of our experts are freelance math geeks who have calculated the most optimal use of frequent flyer programs. Other's are full time travel agents, who are very good at accommodating big groups. Other groups of experts have travelled a lot themselves and have therefore acquired useful knowledge regarding discount airfare. Last but not least, we also have a special concierge for first class flyers. After all, wealthy people didn't become rich by spending too much. No matter what your situation is, Chimpando will help you reduce your travel expenses!
How much does it cost?
The price for a standard one-way flight is 30€.
Any additional leg will add 5€.
Premium Economy adds 15€, Business 25€ and First Class 50€ to the price.
If there are 5 or more total passengers another 20€ will be added.
Researching a simple one-way flight takes less time and expertise compared to an around the world ticket in first class. Using Chimpando is always risk-free for you because of our 100% Best Price Guarantee. If you don't save at least the amount of the fee, you will receive a full refund.
When should I use Chimpando?
Always. For any flight. The more complicated the flight is, the more money we will be able to save you. With Chimpando you are guaranteed to save time, money and hassle.
Why do I have to pay upfront?
Right after you submit your request the experts start looking for suitable flights on various websites. This work is compensated with a chance to 'win' the request and receive a part of the fee. If the fee was paid only when a customer actually wants to book the flight, a lot of work would be done in vain and the experts are not as motivated to look for the very best flight.
How do I book an offer that I like?
With most offers you have two options to book the flight:
Book yourself using the deposited booking instructions
Our experts will write detailed booking instructions on how to book the flight at the stated price. It may be necessary to make the booking in a different language and a foreign currency. If you need help, we will be happy to assist you with the booking process.
Get it booked by Chimpando
For a small booking fee, we will book the flight for you and make sure that all hidden costs are avoided and that you only pay the stated price. You enter the passenger details directly on Chimpando and can pay with your preferred payment method (Paypal, credit card, invoice).
Some offers can only be booked through our booking systems. In this case, only the second option "Get it booked by Chimpando" is offered.
- Book yourself using the deposited booking instructions
What if I am not happy with the results?
If you are not happy, please leave a comment on your request or send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check if you are eligible for a refund.
You are guaranteed a refund if our experts don't find you a better price than you are able to find by yourself. In addition to this our experts also have to save you at least 100% of the fee on the total price for all passengers. This way you are guaranteed to make a good deal!
What if my travel plans change?
Talk to your agent and notify him about the changes. While we can of course help you to change your travel plans, we will not be able to issue refunds at this stage.
Do I have to book a flight?
Whether you book a flight or not is up to you. Our job is to provide you with the best information and expertise. This is why you pay a fee. If you change your mind or simply want to do the flight research yourself, that is totally up to you. There is no obligation to book a flight.
How do I get the best results?
Book as early as possible and be flexible. That way our experts can make use of all their skills.
Then, when you have started a request and our experts suggest a suitable flight for you and you like it, book right away. More often than not, the best tickets are only available for a very short time.
What are the payment options?
For creating a request and booking a flight, we accept payments via Paypal, SOFORT and creditcard (VISA and MasterCard).